Win98 - Restore point ??

Baslla321 15:34 12 Jun 2005

I am in trouble ! I upgraded my graphic card Asus V7100 Ver 43.45A with Asus Nvidia Ver 52.16 Win9XME5216zip and when installing a window comes up asking me to insert the original garphic card disk which I did and I just dont know what happened. The result now is that in the control panel I have no Asus drivers (working on safe mode) and when I try to reinstall the driver it says that it is already installed. Yes, I uninstalled the old drivers from the control panel before I installed. If I go on normal mode it loads normally with AVG checking for viruses but then it stops going when it shows the windows 98 card.How can I get to DOS besides when the PC starts as I cant get it there please?

Klof Ron 16:48 12 Jun 2005

If you have a W98 start up disk, boot from that to a command prompt. If you can boot into safe mode do so and try deleting the graphics card from device manager, and reboot to allow Windows to re-detect the card and install the drivers, if that fails try booting into safe mode again, and from the command prompt try typing "scanreg /restore" without the quotes, and pressing enter,this should give a few earlier dates of saves registries that you can go back to, try selecting an earlier date to see if this allows W98 to start normally, from where you can do a fresh installation of the card.

Baslla321 18:10 12 Jun 2005

Klof Ron.... thanks. done but now I keep getting this:-
RUNDLL
error loading C:\windows\systemNuCPLdll
The system cannot find the file specified.

Also the desktop res cant be changed to 32bit and 1024 by 768, It is presently 16bit at 468 or something.and everything is too large.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?