Win7 cant see GFX card after BIOS flash

panlid5000 15:28 31 May 2017

Hi, looking for some help here...

Been having a BSOD problem while running games. Most advice sites vague about memory management issue. One option was to update bios (AMIBIOS now v2.61) and another was to load default values in BIOS to reset any overclocking. System was overclocked when I bought it.

Did all that and system seems stable except now, Windows 7 doesnt seem to think theres a graphics card in the slot. Will only install Standard VGA drivers. I have looked through the BIOS options and I cant see anything that obviously turns off the PCIE slot... any ideas?

Help greatly appreciated!

q33ny 21:28 03 Jun 2017

I don't think you will find PCIE on/off, look for onboard devices or first video card. Anything similar. Go to windows and install drivers for your graphic card. Go to the maker website and search for latest driver for your card. If it doesn't work you might have some problems with your GPU.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires