Win32.FraudPack removal help

grumplekin 21:19 04 Nov 2009

Help please.
I've got a virus Trojan.Win32.FraudPack.zfa I think from an email from DHL courier. I use Kapersky Internet Security 2010 which brings it up and when I try to fix it there are 2 options 'delete archive file' and skip which is the recommended action. I clicked on skip because this was the recommended action but how can I get rid of it and clean my pc - its not in Kaperskys virus removal tools list. Any info would be appreciated.

User-1229748 21:22 04 Nov 2009

try downloading updating then running malwarebytes and then superantispywareclick here

MAT ALAN 21:25 04 Nov 2009

WHY would you want to SKIP as an option that is NOT going to get rid of it, if you want to delete it tell Kaspersky to delete it, (or am i missing something).

You may also have to turn off system restore because there is a sugestion that this is where this particular trojan sits...

grumplekin 13:22 05 Nov 2009

Thanks for the advice folks - I've downloaded and run malwarebytes then superantispyware but its still showing on Kapersky detected threats.
In reply to Mat my KIS program has 3 options disinfection -which it says is not possible, delete - the archive file will be deleted and skip(recommended). If I delete the archive file will that get rid of it permanently. I did a reinstall using the discs that came with the PC but I don't think I formatted the thing. Should do another reinstall to be certain its gone.

MAT ALAN 17:28 05 Nov 2009

After a reinstall of your O/S i doubt its still there, unless you have used a backup image i would say you are safe...

A lot of these trojans can sit in you "system volume info" files undetected then when you think you have rid of it it pops up again...

not so in your case...

grumplekin 00:41 06 Nov 2009

Thank you Mat and smackheads for your help. Just completed a reinstall - this time formatting the partition - everything seems to be gone. Phew! relief!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?