win32/conflicker B Removal please

Bike-it 19:39 22 Feb 2009

I believe my laptop has been infected with this win32/conflicker B. I have run Avira AV, SAS, Adaware, malawarebytes in safe mode they find things but the problem still exists, so can someone point me in the direction so i can remove it.
I tried the removal tool on MS site but it found nothing.
The problem is that it will not let me update Avira AV windows defender.

johnnyrocker 19:42 22 Feb 2009

have you tried a scan with restorepoints swsitched off?

johnny

MAT ALAN 19:45 22 Feb 2009

click here

the link may help, but you may have remnants of this is your "System volume info files" where your restore points are kept, which is why possibly the threat still appears to be present.
Yopu ned to turn this function OFF to remove anything that might be there but it will remove ALL restore points as well...

Bike-it 19:46 22 Feb 2009

No, how do i switch this off?

johnnyrocker 19:49 22 Feb 2009

your os might be a help

johnny.

User-1229748 19:51 22 Feb 2009

in your other thread you were unable to update avira and defender,were you able to update malwarebytes before running it?to turn off system restore go control panel-system-system protection then untick the box or boxes

Bike-it 19:55 22 Feb 2009

yes i could update malawarebytes ok

Bike-it 20:09 22 Feb 2009

I managed to switch off system restore, i am now able to up date Avira Av which i did it's now doing a scan i will then try to update windows defender, and run it also, will i need to run all my other programmes i have mentioned, am i right to think when this is done i need to switch system restore back on

MAT ALAN 20:14 22 Feb 2009

While system restore is switched off its a good time to give your Pc a good housekeep in all departments, clear out all your rubbish, any progs ya might not want, so when you do create a NEW restore point you know your PC is as clean as its gonna get and optomised as best as you can gat it...

User-1229748 20:20 22 Feb 2009

i would clean up with ccleaner and run malwarebytes again to see if it comes back clean,hope it's sorted for you,ccleanerclick here

birdface 23:11 22 Feb 2009

Maybe something here that will help.
click here
Or maybe try this.30day tial but it will remove what it finds.After 30 days just remove it if you dont want it any longer.

click here remember to update it first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?