win XP update problem

pienter 21:17 13 Jul 2008

When I installed the latest Win XP updates on Thursday I found that I could not access my emails via Outlook nor could I complete loading Google. I used System Restore to an earlier date and everything worked fine. Today I noticed the Win update shield and clicked it thinking that it might be a new set of updates but I again lost email and Google access. There is obviously still an Internet connection because SpySweeper managed to update automatically. Has anyone else encountered this problem with Win updates?

scales 21:47 13 Jul 2008

I had the same problem, it messed up my ZoneAlarm firewall. I was pointed to click here, by others on this forum, where a new version of the firewall could be found. I loaded that up and it is all working again.

First Bass 22:11 13 Jul 2008

Same here. I have had to use system restore twice since having had automatic updates self install itself and mess up Outlook Express for me. I have now switched off Automatic Updates until someone at Microsoft owns up that a problem exists with Software Distribution Service 3.

First Bass 22:51 13 Jul 2008

Having said that, thanks to scales for pointing out the ZA upgrade, but why does this update cause the internet connection to fail? Surely thousands of people are going to have EMail problems until Software Distribution 3 Update KB951748 is glitch free? Or else they all come over to this forum to check out this fine knowledge base and work around the problem!

Graham. 08:00 14 Jul 2008
  Graham. 08:06 14 Jul 2008

click here Leave a message :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?