Win XP - Setting Users Access to the Internet

J Bear 15:55 19 Feb 2003

I recently helped configure my neighbours Internet access on their Win XP Home machine. The ISP account only registers on the main users login. How can I configure it so that each user can access the Internet? I assume I go in as the administrator and make some change there?

As I don't use XP, could someone give me some advice.

Thanks

JBear

jazzypop 16:31 19 Feb 2003

I assume that only the main user is set up as Administrator, and the others are set up as Users.

In that case, enter a User's account, right-click on the email client's icon, and choose Run As..

Choose to run as the Administrator's login, and setup the email account as usual. Repeat for the other users

By design, XP will allow a User to send / receive mail, but not to setup an account.

the lone cloner 22:29 21 Feb 2003

make everyone an administrator that way every one can set up their own accounts.

J Bear 10:23 22 Feb 2003

Thanks for the tip.

After I played with it for I while the other night it didn't take long to work out how to change and set the profiles. It was just a question of playing a little and digging for the settings - nothings changed then from their other operating systems.

Playing more and more with XP still hasn't convinced me that I need to put myself through the hassle of upgrading from W98SE. XP looks pretty, but I rely too heavily on my machine at the moment, so why try and fix something that works?

Thanks

JBear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?