Win XP Service Pack 3 Query

Legslip 09:04 03 Jun 2009

Does anyone know if it is possible to download AND SAVE SV Pack 3 for a single user, not the multi ding dong edition?

If so, does it contain previous SV Packs?

ambra4 09:15 03 Jun 2009

Take a read before installing XP SP3

Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3

click here

ambra4 09:17 03 Jun 2009

How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack

click here

Technotiger 09:18 03 Jun 2009

If so, does it contain previous SV Packs? ... Yes.

click here

Technotiger 09:20 03 Jun 2009

Hmm, my Go-faster stripes are getting a bit worn-out!

Legslip 09:38 03 Jun 2009

Thanks Technotiger but thats not the one I want. That one is for IT Professionals & Developers (the Ding Dong version). I'm sure there is a single user version.

Technotiger 09:45 03 Jun 2009

This page will say that this installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers. However, you can safely download this file. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Legslip 11:18 03 Jun 2009

Thanks Technotiger. OK, I will download that version. It is just that I think there was a single user edition which I presume would have been a smaller file size.

Taff™ 11:23 03 Jun 2009

There`s a downloadable ISO Image that I`ve burnt to disc and have used on several machines. click here

richie1913 14:02 03 Jun 2009

There Is a smaller version.To get It make sure you have automatic updates turned on and visit windows update with Internet explorer.Doing It this way means you only get the files you need downloaded and not the full package.As far as I know this is the only way to get the smaller version as everyones computer will be different so microsoft will scan your computer and just download what you need.

richie1913 14:04 03 Jun 2009

Sorry missed the last bit.The only one you can download and save Is the one the others have already linked you to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?