I have recently deleted a partition on my Win XP PC which had Linuxmint installed on it. I then did repair that had been suggested on here a while ago Courtesy of Fruit Bat.
Repair XP by install over the top of existing system
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact. ...........
My problem is that it did not reboot,and all I get is as below. What have I done wrong and can it be fixed?
Graphicool1, thank you for the link. I used the following from your link.
drs305 How to restore the Ubuntu/XP/Vista/7 bootloader (Updated for Ubuntu 9.10) How to restore the Windows XP bootloader
It seems to have removed the Linux "grub" bootloader so that I can load Win XP. What do you suggest I do next,should I go through it again,reload my windows disc to repair, I've no idea what to do for the best.
Fruit Bat /\0/\, I presume this means that some hardware may be not compatible. Trouble is if I cannot get into Win XP I am unable to uninstall the hardware. P.S. What things do they class as hardware.