win xp pro blue screen

alythman 11:53 22 Feb 2006

Hi, hope someone can help me here. My computer is crashing through burning a disc with Nero, and other burning software as well. The whole system crashes and restarts as soon as this process is initiated. I have been told that to find the source of an error, you can turn a function off in XP, that will hault the crash and show a blue screen instead that will contain error codes. The reason for wanting this, is to see what may be causing the crash to happen. I am suspecting my ATI Radeon 9800SE graphics card as being the fault, but need the proof to verify it. My problem is though, I don't know how to turn of this crash mode and setup for the blue screen. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance!
The computer is an Acer Aspire RC900.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:06 22 Feb 2006

"My computer is crashing through burning a disc with Nero, and other burning software as well."

Two sets of burning programs will probably conflict.

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart.

ventanas 12:26 22 Feb 2006

For the functio you are looking for right click My Computer\Properties\Advanced Tab\Startup and Recovery Settings. Untick Automatically restart.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?