Win XP Install Pro Problem

steven_frost 23:07 31 Aug 2003

ok have major problem with my desktop for some strange reason while i was using my pc strange errors started to happen so just thinking that it need a reboot i rebooted the system as it rebooted but stopped and rebooted windows then told me that it failed to load so i choose normal it did a scan and a found a problem and removed the file this is were my problem started

i had to reboot and then told me a file with in the system folder was missing and i need to repair it i tryed this but it to found errors so refused to load so i tryed to do a repair this failed so deleted partiton and formated now i'm getting this error STOP: c0000221 UNKNOWN ERROR \SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\NTDLL.DLL

NEED URGENT ADVICE ON THIS COULD IT BE A VIRUS DID HAVE NORTON AV INSTALLED

steven_frost 23:29 31 Aug 2003

refresh

jazzypop 23:57 31 Aug 2003
  steven_frost 00:07 01 Sep 2003

thanks to be honest if it a hardware fault i dont have a clue what it could be i only have a network card and a graphics card everthing else is on board

Ironman556 00:10 01 Sep 2003

If you did a full reformat then it is unlikely to be a virus.

Can you boot into safe mode? Getting that far probably means that Windows is all OK, but a program you've put on after loading windows is at fault.

Have you been using the XP CD to reformat etc? You could try formatting with a modified boot disk that will work for XP from click here. You'll have to FDisk, to delete and create a new partition, then Format to FAT32. Then put the XP CD in and it should run setup from there.

*You will lose all data on the drive*

steven_frost 07:40 01 Sep 2003

not worried about lossing data all i want is the pc back up and running dont know if this is any thing but just created a 10gb partition scans it and keeps finding problems any ideas please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone