WIN XP HOME INFOS .EXE PROBS????

FIBREMAN 23:00 03 Jul 2004

Hi folks i'm hoping somebody can tell me what the infos shortcut on my desktop is supposed to do when opened because all i get is "infos.exe has encountered a problem and has to close" this has always happened since pc was new i never bothered about it before but now my curiousity is getting the better of me i used to think it was probably something to do with the setup of the system in the factory and they forgot to clear or reset it or even delete it could this be the case or is there a problem with the system everything working ok not causing any trouble at all BUT WHAT IS IT FOR!!!!!!!! many thanks for any ideas you may have.

johnsims 23:38 03 Jul 2004

I suspect that you are right and this may be something that the supplier of the PC left there by mistake. To the best of my knowledge it is not an XP file. Probably safe to remove it, but right click on it and check the properties for a clue as towhere it lives and what it might do. You can always keep a copy of it somewhere just in case, and then remove it from the desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?