Win. Update conflict?

muddypaws 21:28 01 Feb 2005

On the 27th Jan I d/loaded 4 Windows updates. I believe it is since then that Flight sim has crashed once or twice and also on screensaver when I return to the PC I have twice found ' the system has recovered from a serious error' message.
Also Webroot Spysweeper has just told me that there is a conflict between Win and a software programme ( possibly a threat).
The Win updates were KB 890175/890830/871250/891711 .
Any knowledge of problems with these.
Thanks.

muddypaws 21:29 01 Feb 2005

I realise I can remove them, but thought I would ask first.

freaky 22:02 01 Feb 2005

Try doing a System Restore back to a time when Flight Simulator worked.

If it works OK then uninstall any subsequent Windows updates.

You can then re-select and download an update, keep doing this until you find the culprit.

Alternatively go to the Windows Knowledge Base, and do a search on the Windows error codes.

Hope this helps.

muddypaws 19:56 02 Feb 2005

freaky,
Didn't have to do a restore as an fs restart cleared it, but fs didn't seem very happy. The first thing that happened last week was that the joystick un-installed, but had the CD for that. I have also down-loaded a couple of small fs add ons that I am having doubts about, so will un -install them first then follow your advice. Thanks.

muddypaws 17:17 03 Feb 2005

Don't want to speak too soon, but un-installing two recent fs add ons may have cured it.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires