Win TV -- No Reception

johngun1 23:02 13 Sep 2004

I have 2 PCs with Win TV cards working in two different locations and suddenly over the weekend both have lost all reception. Up to then both were receiving all 5 channels, but suddenly nothing.

Can anyone offer any reason for this?

Cheers

johngun1

Jeffers22 23:06 13 Sep 2004

Lots of rain over weekend. Has any got into the cable? Seems likely to be a problem with the feed, particularly if the prog opens OK.

stalion 23:06 13 Sep 2004

the fact that they have both lost reception points to a disconnection in your aeriel system where are you running the programmes from?

stalion 23:13 13 Sep 2004

another thought and they don't come easily have you just installed sp2?

Stuartli 10:26 14 Sep 2004

I've got WinTV and SP2 - no problems.

If you use a co-axial feed have you checked it with a normal TV set?

Also have you checked the two Hauppauge drivers in Device Manager?

johngun1 13:07 14 Sep 2004

Thanks for all the responses guys, but I'm still in trouble. The PCs are 100miles apart so connections would seem unlikely. One is Win '98 the other is Win 2K, both have 500Mb RAM.

The app runs ok and shows the TV set image but the screen of the TV is just blue. I've tried scanning for the stations again it can't find any.

I have noticed recently on the 98 machine that images would not load on the internet, so I went to the Sun Microsystems site and got a copy of their java applet replacement for the Microsoft one. I assumed that this loss of images was a result of MS loss of the case to Sun and it seemed to solve the problem allthough it is still slow to load. Having said all that the Win2K machine is still running the IE6 browser as loaded.

Any other ideas??

johngun1

ps: The TV licences all both up to date!

swapper 07:13 05 Oct 2004

As Jeffers22 said earlier johngun1, if they both went down together, I would look directly at the coaxial/arial it is the most likely, can't you get a portable tv to the PC location and try the arial in it?

swapper 07:13 05 Oct 2004

As Jeffers22 said earlier johngun1, if they both went down together, I would look directly at the coaxial/arial it is the most likely, can't you get a portable tv to the PC location and try the arial in it?

swapper 07:14 05 Oct 2004

sorry about the duet :-)

Stuartli 09:36 05 Oct 2004

Must be a very long cable or you are doing a lot of travelling....?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?