Win security thingy !

Derek 10:03 22 Jun 2007

I'm in a slight mess once again, firstly I downloed MS Care One all correctly but got so frustrated with the slowness and new splash screens that I decided to uninstall it. I found that it was very difficult to fully uninstall and I still have little bits left.
Secondly I downloaded Defender and I seem to have problems with that. The little shield in the bottom right corner keeps telling me that my firewall is not connected. I go through the proceedures and try all ways to connect but cannot. I hasten to add that my BB connections are fine.
I then try to uninstall Defender which is a pain and still I have the little shield telling me that Windows Security Cetre is requiring attention.
I do many searches and cannot locate this Win Security programme anywhere.

Guidance anyone Best wishes Derek Miles.

johndrew 10:55 22 Jun 2007

Probably the easiest way for you to resolve this would be to Restore to the point immediately prior to installing MS Care One.

It sounds as if you may have uninstalled the Windows Firewall during your efforts to remove something, but I`ve no idea what.

In the event that all else fails, you could do a repair to your installation which should give you back your firewall and, hopefully, allow removal of the odds and ends of the other programs you want rid of.

Come back with more details if you need more help.

bluto1 19:42 22 Jun 2007

Windows Security Centre is in Control Panel.
Start>Control Panel>Security Centre.

Derek 04:58 24 Jun 2007

Thank you John and Bluto.
I'm still no further forward so I'm taking this subject back to the top again.
In sheer frustration !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone