Win MX Question

Rhuddlan 19:06 23 Feb 2004

I have Win MX installed and when downloading music it has a timer at the top of the window, and sometimes the timer can reach 30 mins, I was just wondering if it is free to use the service, as I received my phone bill today and have plenty of premium rate numbers on the bill and I am quite worried now that I am getting charged for using MX, I have printed out the license and it doesn't say anything about charging.

temp003 03:29 24 Feb 2004

Although WinMX is probably one of less hazardous P2P sharing software, when you use software like that, you should scan your computer for virus, trojans and spyware as regularly as possible. Even if WinMX itself doesn't include dialers and trojans, you just never know what else you're getting when you're downloading what appears to be a nice MP3.

Install Spybot S & D or Adaware to scan for spyware etc. Update your AV and scan.

If you're pretty sure that you yourself didn't dial those premium rate numbers, you must check that your computer is clean, and be extremely vigilant with your surfing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017