Win Mobile

tehtarek 07:31 17 Jan 2007

I cannot access the locked docts in SD card in my pda which comes with Windows Mobile ver 5.0. Does anyone know of a good utility preferably freebie that can be loaded into the pda so as to access such docts? Thanks.

bigboy99 13:50 17 Jan 2007

what may I ask is a locked doct? a document you cannot read perhaps> if you know the type of file it is search google with the query

tehtarek 15:46 17 Jan 2007

Word document that is password protected against access. Word Mobile unfortunately is a pale shadow of MS Word and many features including this protect/unprotect feature are excluded. Thank you.

tehtarek 10:16 18 Jan 2007

Hi, Beta,
Sorry I might not have been clear in first place. The documents contain pte info but I need to refer to them as and when, hence I've loaded them into my pda. There winmob is unable to open them. Thanks.

Fellsider 16:42 18 Jan 2007

Beta made a perfectly good suggestion.

If you want to retain some sort of 'lock' because they contain private (I assume that is what pte means)details and the pda won't unlock them that I can't see how you can do it.

tehtarek 11:07 19 Jan 2007

It looks like there's no way to keep a locked win doct in pda and be able to access it. Thanks everybody.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?