Win Media Player Vista

tonyq 15:33 26 Oct 2008

please can anyone tell me if there is a way to stop Win Media Player 11? from starting at start up. I have disabled it using msconfig but the next time I use WMP it is enabled again. In short I want to be able to use WMP but not have it load at start up.

grey george 17:14 26 Oct 2008

Is there a short cut in the start up folder?
Start/all programmes/start up.

aine 17:43 26 Oct 2008

Go to the start icon type "services msc"in the search panel, you can disable it from that service it is better than misconfig, there is a list of programs running on startup

tonyq 20:15 26 Oct 2008

aine,
When I click on "services msc"in the search results panel nothing happens.I have tried right clicking then "open" as well as "Run as "administrator"

tonyq 20:17 26 Oct 2008

grey george,
forgot to mention in my previous post that the start up folder is empty.

grey george 20:48 26 Oct 2008

I assume you are running vista, is that correct?
If you right click in the top or bottom toolbars of the media player you get a menu with tools and then options, there may be a box to untick in there. I have an idea that when I upgraded from version 10 to 11 that I was asked if I wanted media player to open a start up, I said no but I think the default was yes. If this was the case a un-install and re-install might be the answer.

tonyq 11:36 27 Oct 2008

grey george,
My O.S.is Vista.I have looked in the tools options but cannot see anything about running at start up to tick or untick.

aine 19:37 28 Oct 2008

Tonyq. Open computer from start panel, type services msc in the computer search box, scan down services nearly all the way down, use that to disable music centre in start menu
Aine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?