Win Media Player recognises wrong CD

Esc4p3 09:09 03 Jul 2008

I have WMP 11 (and Vista) and when I put a CD in it recognises it as another CD (by the same band coincidentally). It does have the same number of tracks as the 'wrong' one. I have never had this before.

Can I force WMP to pick up the correct details, or do I have to live with it? Please advise. Carl

rickd 09:21 03 Jul 2008

right click on the artwork and you get the option to search for alternative albums.

Esc4p3 10:03 03 Jul 2008

That does not work for me - should have said that the album is a double CD. Looking on WMP I am not sure where I should right click - on the album art on the bottom left corner of the playing now window, the top right album wont let me click on it and in the library view is gives me the options of 'find album info' or 'update album info'. The latter of those two does nothing, and the first comes up with a secordary box. In this box is lists my album as one CD with 22 tracks rather than 2 CD's with 11 tracks. The track names in the 22 track CD's are in the correct order, but I am not sure that helps me as my CD2 is just recognised as CD1.....ugh

Esc4p3 11:49 03 Jul 2008

OK, worked it out now, being a bit thick today. Updated info from Library view and with a bit of fiddling, it is now sorted, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?