win me boot disk

holly polly 22:59 27 Jul 2003

i created one of these some time ago but wife had clear out and gone missing ,being an old boy scout {be prepared and that}i like too be covered for the inevitable,can somebody please remind my rusty brain cells -HOW DO I CREATE A WIN ME FLOPPY RESCUE DISK?,as usual all answers greatfully recieved,cheers-hol pol...

VoG II 23:01 27 Jul 2003
  holly polly 23:06 27 Jul 2003

ok voG BUT WANNA TO CREATE ME OWN LIKE I ONCE DID BEFORE I KNOW ITS EASY ,BUT CANT FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER HOW TO DO IT ,methinks i shall have to dig me old mags out to refresh me brain...

VoG II 23:08 27 Jul 2003

If you create one from ME it may not have CD drive support. Hence my click here.

britto 23:14 27 Jul 2003

is this the same as startup disc from add remove programs tab ?.

holly polly 23:14 27 Jul 2003

oh i see so these work ok then voG?

VoG II 23:17 27 Jul 2003

Yes they do.

VoG II 23:19 27 Jul 2003

I assume that it is your rescue disk gone missing and not your wife. Bad luck.

holly polly 23:21 27 Jul 2003

just had a look on the add and remove optios tab and the create disk is there ,methinks i will download the one you suggested voG {THANKYOU},AND ALSO CREATE MY OWN {THANKYOU}-britto,this thread will now be listed as resolved ,many thanks hol pol...

holly polly 23:22 27 Jul 2003

no worst luck lol-hol pol...

anchor 14:36 28 Jul 2003

VoG:

The boot floppy that is created from the Win-Me setup CD does have CD support, as does those from Win98 and Win98-SE.

The CD driver is a generic one, and supports almost all, but not every CD drive. I am sure the same is true with the boot disk downloaded from boot disk.com. I once had a notebook that needed a specific CD driver that I had to download, and create my own variant of the boot floppy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?