Win. Live Mail delete contacts

Newuser3477 16:39 25 Oct 2013

How do you delete contacts in Windows live mail. If I open contacts and left click on a contact I get the option to send mail,edit contact or add to favorites. If I right click I get the same options plus delete contact but this is greyed out and inoperable. I have a number of contacts on the list who are now dead and I would like to remove them. Any help welcome Peter

rdave13 17:04 25 Oct 2013

Usually I click on a contact and use the red cross on the ribbon. In this thread it says, " You can't delete contacts that appear in your contacts list by virtue of your linking some social networking service like Facebook to your Windows Live account. These are your Facebook friends who would have to be removed from your list in Facebook itself. You can, however, remove the link to Facebook: "

Click here.

Newuser3477 10:34 31 Oct 2013

Thanks for the comments. The delete icon on the top ribbon is also greyed out and inoperable so still cannot delete obsolete contacts. Your link suggested my contacts list is linked to another thus preventing changes. But how do I find out what that link is. What I don't understand is about a third of the entries can be deleted in usual way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?