win 98 se

  the kopite 14:52 07 Sep 2004

Hi Guys my win 98 sys disc is damaged I wondered if anyone has a copy they can give-sell me thanks kopite

  Agent Smith 15:14 07 Sep 2004

I have a full and properly licensed Win98se disc that I am willing to sell. E-mail me with a reasonable offer I paid £140 for it originally.

  cga 15:25 07 Sep 2004

You are licensed with a key so make sure the disk you get (Retail/open OEM/specific Mfg OEM/Upgrade) matches that key.

  PA28 18:55 07 Sep 2004

Buy an OEM version - it won't hurt that much - and take a backup copy for your own use only in case you "damage" it again.

  cga 10:00 08 Sep 2004

If you buy an OEM version without qualifying hardware then you are breaking licence conditions.

With W98 the CD's for OEM, Upgrade & Full versions were different so your own licence key is not valid with a CD for one of the other two types.

Have you tried contacting M$ and explaining to them. As you have a valid licence key then you only need the media. That is copyright but not licenced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?