Win 88 SE & annoyed any utilities available/

Fitto 16:23 24 Sep 2005

Now look here and please help. I have the above op system and it workd good enough for me, most of time. I am geting the odd prob. see all these "clever' bits of software to resolve probs. P.C. doc 7 the like. But all for XP, 2000 and above. Do they work on XP systems and more importantly do some/any work with 98SE? Help, Fitto

woodchip 16:36 24 Sep 2005

Why do you need them? My main Computer is Win98se I prefer it although I have a XP desktop and XP Laptop. I have a Acronis Image for each computer so any problems not worth me raking my brain about I just load the Image. So any Probs like a VIRUS or anything else would be reigned to the bin when I reloaded a Image. PS I cannot remember the last Blue Screen that I had. What creates problems and havoc with 98 is loading rubbish from cover discs etc. Only put on what you need to accomplish a given job

Pineman100 17:51 24 Sep 2005

If you've got a copy of Windows 88 I reckon Bill Gates will pay you a fortune for it!

Graham ® 20:07 24 Sep 2005

If you have the 98 SE disk, you can perform a repair, which will preserve all your data.

It may be best to identify the problems, it may just be clogged up with unused programs, not been defragged, etc.

Personally, I would steer clear of 3rd party software - you have little control over what it does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?