win 8 shut down problem

conrail 11:41 04 Feb 2015

using a HP Pavilion laptop running win 8.1, occasionally when I shut down I get the following error message: SYSTEMSERVICEMANAGER (flt:mgr) system will restart, after a restart the laptop shuts down without any problems, I have looked on ms support site, click here, which I have to go through 5 options: Product and Problem - Support Options - Details - Contact Information - Thank You. when I get to option 2, Details I select: 'I use it for my own personal use', then I get the message This product may not have all the support options that are available online. I then get no farther can anybody help me with this problem, I have not installed any new software of updates, ms or other recently, all help and advice appreciated

conrail 12:39 04 Feb 2015

thanks addieaddlyn, have shut down without any problems, my start up was extremely fast this is now a lot slower but as I usually switch the laptop on and do other things before using it, that is not a problem, if the problems resurfaces I will repost but hopefully it is sorted, once again thank you, your help and advice is appreciated, Harry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone