Win 7 - Outlook 2007 Sounds lost

compumac 17:00 20 Nov 2010

Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 Outlook. The calendar reminder sound in Outlook was one that I have used for some considerable time on other XP PC’s and initially functioned on the Win 7 PC. For some reason it will no longer play as a reminder in Outlook, but if accessed via Windows Explorer it plays OK. This particular sound is contained in one of my own created folders and was also copied to the folder containing the default sounds in Windows 7. All of the wav sounds contained within my created folder will function via Windows Explorer but not from Control Panel/Sounds. Anyone offer a reason for this? I am able to use another sound from the default folder.

rawprawn 18:39 20 Nov 2010

Try this
1.On the Tools menu, click Options.
2.On the Other tab, click Advanced Options.
3.Click Reminder Options.
4.Select or clear the Display the reminder check box.
If you display reminders, select or clear the Play reminder sound check box. If you choose to play a reminder sound, you can either use the default sound file or enter the path to a sound file that you want to play.

compumac 18:47 20 Nov 2010

rawprawn
Thanks for reply but that is what I have always done and going down that avenue or the Control Panel/Sounds it will not play the content of my selected folder. The only way I can play the content of my selected folder is by using Windows Media Player.

compumac 09:33 22 Nov 2010

Bump- one of two only

compumac 20:41 22 Nov 2010

Bump - Two of two

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017