Win 2K Display Problems

Bubo 21:51 25 Apr 2006

Hi All

I've just loaded up a Pentium 3 system with Win 2K Pro for a friend but cannot get it to display correctly on any monitor.

The desktop appears as a small window with a half inch gap around the edge of the window. No matter what I do I cannot get it to fill the screen.

I have now tried three crt monitors (one 15" and two 17") with the same result.

The machine has a Matrox G450 dualhead AGP card. I have checked the drivers and they are right, I have double checked that dualhead is not active in the Matrox utility as I only want one monitor and the display itself is crystal clear. I can control the screen resolution and colour settings without a problem.

So now I am stuck. Can anyone advise what I should try next to resolve this please.

Regards

Bubo

Diodorus Siculus 22:54 25 Apr 2006

Some matrox cards have their own screen utility with whcih to make settings - has anything loaded in the system tray?

Have you tried to change the settings on the monitors via the on screen display?

Bubo 08:30 26 Apr 2006

Yes, the Matrox utilities loaded and I have access to it via the system tray. I tried several settings using the utility but none of them worked.

I am able to set up the screen to a fashion using the monitor controls but of course these settings do not hold after a reboot.

Interestingly I tried installing the same OS to a different machine (Celeron 333) which only has a PCI vga card and I go the same problem. I found it hard to believe that three monitors were borked so I hooked one up to my XP machine and the display was fine.

I am really stuck now as to what to try next.

Bubo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?