win 2000 on two laptops

Rocker 20:46 07 Sep 2006

hi my sister just got her two sons a laptop each from a shop near were she works that closed down today. thay have no o/s on them so thay give her one win 2000 cd can i put this o/s on both laptops useing the cd the laptops have there own coa with own key number on them. many thanks

terryf 20:48 07 Sep 2006

It would seem to me that if they have different coa you could load from same cd but one wonders where the cds have gone?

Rocker 20:53 07 Sep 2006

thasnks terryf i have never installed a o/s on a laptop is it the same insalling a o/s on a desktop.

TomG 07:53 08 Sep 2006

Did the shop give you a disk with the drivers on? Installing the O/S is the same as a desktop but it would be easier if you could get the manufactureres restore discs.
What models are the laptops?

Rocker 10:16 08 Sep 2006

hi tomg the shop give me the driver disk thank you for your help

TomG 11:53 08 Sep 2006

If that's the case then there should be no problem with the installation. Before you start installation change the boot order (in the BIOS) to look to the CD-ROM first, unless you have a floppy disc you are booting from.

Most PCs/laptops give you the option to go into the BIOS just after turning them on (be quick as they don't give you long). Its either hit esc or del to enetr the BIOS.

Rocker 11:57 08 Sep 2006

thans tomg and terryf ill give it go now ill let you know if i run into any probs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?