Win 2000 & Linux dual boot

Mr Tibbs 21:30 08 Jan 2006

Hi Folks, I have a P3 PC which I want to dual boot with Win 2000 and Linux. I'm used to windows instalations but not Linux. Does it matter which I put on first? Do I partition and install Windows and then install Linux or do I need partition magic. I have a couple of distros of Linux, Mandrake 10.1 and Suse. Any help gratefully received.

SANTOS7 21:35 08 Jan 2006

click here
some good info here.

DieSse 22:30 08 Jan 2006

If you're not used to Linux - I would recommend you to a free download of Xandros - you'll feel at home wth it. On my existing XP system, when I installed Xandros, it set up a dual boot and installed with virtually no input on my part - and all my hardware runs with it.

Quite painless, and it works excellently - no problems of any kind with the dual boot - and Xandros lets me get to all my XP files without any setting up - it just works - brilliant.

DieSse 22:34 08 Jan 2006

BTW - I didn't have a partition for Linux - Xandros knew that, offered to create one for me - and did so. Nowhere near as complex as the link above.

Mr Tibbs 20:57 09 Jan 2006

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?