WIM ME Power saving causing Trouble?

pavel 11:53 01 Feb 2003

I have WIN ME and it has been "OK" with out any power saving options activated. But thinking I would A SAVE THE PLANET b SAVE SOME DOSH, I SET THE POWER SAVING TO HDD off after 1 hour and Standby after 5 hours. So after 5 hours of no use it went to standby but when it came to restart it would not wake up. I rebooted only to find that some of the short cuts on my desk top were not working and the bottom tool bar was blank. Sp I restored from a previous date and it was fine for a while but then the same problem again, even after deactivating the power saving. Do I need to reformat and load WIN ME again or is this a known problem with an easy answer? Help !
Pavel

Pesala 22:19 01 Feb 2003

Can't really help, but seeing no response, can only confirm that powersaving can cause problems in Windows ME. I turned it of too.

Stokey 00:09 02 Feb 2003

Yes pavel, it is a known problem. Like Pesala and many others --- good advice, don't use it.

pavel 10:15 02 Feb 2003

Thank you for your help, I guess I am about to find out about the joys of saving all my files etc and then reloading WIN ME?
Any way I live and learn.
Pavel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?