Will these parts work?? Please help.

Sam Beevor 11:21 02 Sep 2014

I have recently decided to go ahead and build my very first gaming pc (and pc in general) and have chosen most of the parts, but I'm not 100% sure that they will perform to my expectations, or work at all. I would like to use this PC for BF4 in ultra settings potentially. Just wondering if it could achieve this expectation in reality?

Here are the main parts (others have been acquired already) :

Motherboard: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3.

CPU: AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (3.5/4.1GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 6MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 95W.

Video card: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 OC WITH BOOST.

RAM: Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP.

Again, this doesn't show all the parts but should be sufficient. Would this PC run good games like BF4 in high/ ultra setting. If so would i need a mid or full tower case (i'm really new to this stuff and have a lot of questions)

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes this is a budget build...

spuds 15:30 02 Sep 2014

I notice you haven't received any replies, so I will respond the best I can.

I am not into gaming, but two forum members who use to answer these types of question is no longer posting. The only advice I can offer, is to check for compatibility the parts you have selected, with one of the main retailers. If things do not turn out right, then you might have some redress on the retailer.

The retailer or retailer's might even supply the items as a bundle or barebones with a discount?.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable might see that I have bump this up the list, and provide better advice and help.

Sam Beevor 16:09 02 Sep 2014

Ok thanks, spuds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?