Will RTC do the trick?

281apple 14:48 03 Feb 2008

Someone in my family who has been with PC's for a few years bought a MAC laptop. He is struggling with it after about one month and still has a problem. He says that he has some important Word documents on his PC which he burned onto a CD and then installed them on his Mac laptop. He can read them on his Mac laptop but he can not change in any way the documents, not even typing errors or the like. I may be wrong..., but I suggested to him that he Save As (in Format RTC) his word documents on his PC, then burn them to a CD (or use a key), then install them on his Mac and it should work in that he should be able not only to read them but also to modify them. I do not have a Mac. If I am wrong, could someone tell me how to do so I can let him know.

Graham. 15:12 03 Feb 2008

Do you mean RTF (rich text format)?

Graham. 15:18 03 Feb 2008

And what program is used to view the documents on the Mac?

281apple 16:34 03 Feb 2008

Yes, I mean RTF. and he uses Word on his Mac to view the documents.

Graham. 17:01 03 Feb 2008

The normal format for Word is .doc. Different versions of Word should all work together.

The document may be locked - click on it then CTRL+SHIFT+F11 to unlock.

281apple 17:19 03 Feb 2008

OK, thanks for him. I'll send it to him. I'll let you know if that was it.

Simsy 18:33 03 Feb 2008

that when they have been copied to his laptop from CD they have remained as "Write only". When they are on CD this is what they are, and I suspect that he'll have to change each file individually.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone