Will Paypal do it all?

geoff47 13:28 20 May 2005

I want a payment method for a website I am building.
I find the array of merchant accounts and various other methods intimidating,I am no Guru and just feeling my way slowly.
Paypal seems to offer everything that I need,including a shopping cart.
I am using NOF 8 and although it has its own cart,I will still need a method of recieving payments.
What are the drawbacks or merits of using Paypal alone.
Any assistance would be welcome.
Geoff47

PurplePenny 19:53 20 May 2005

We use PayPal and have nothing bad to say about it. We use NoChex as well but get far more payments via PayPal.

We don't use the PayPal cart or buttons, we bought a separate (cheap) system which has PayPal, NoChex, cheque and other payment gateways.

cbr keith 21:02 20 May 2005

I use PayPal for my site, have a look if you like click here

I found the PayPal function integrated with NOF (V7) didn't really achieve all I wanted, but it was extremely easy to make an "add to cart" button on the PayPal site and then adjust the html code to suit each product.

If you're not into html coding don't worry, neither am I! Once you look at it, it's pretty obvious what needs changing.

If you are just getting started (as I am) you may find PayPal does all you need. If, however, you have lots of different products (say 100+) or need more extensive back-end integration, then you will probably find PayPal a bit long-winded.

geoff47 23:55 20 May 2005

If its good enough for PurplePenny and my Mates its good enough for me(slipped that one in cbr kieth) nudge nudge wink.I have heard bad things about them,while using them on Ebay I have never had a problem....so thats decided then.
Its just like they are second in the queue behind Bill Gates for world domination....PC wise.
They definately know what they are doing though.
Geoff47

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?