Will not recognise Memory upgrade

kelt6655 10:25 06 Jan 2006

I have a Tiny 6120 laptop pentium 3.which works well except slowly due to lack of memory 64 OMB ram.
I have tried putting the same amount in opposite port, will not recognise it.If I swap memory round new memory works but still only recognises 64 so nothing wrong with this memory.
Have also tried putting memory out of another 6120 (mu husbands) which is double the amount but still says that it only 64.How do I get it to recognise the extra memory?
I would appreciate any imput as I do not want to have to change my laptop as otherwise it is in good condition.
Thanks
Kathy

Diodorus Siculus 10:46 06 Jan 2006

Seems it can only accept 64mb modules - what size are you trying?

Go to click here and choose the "scan my system" option - it will tell you what you can use.

kelt6655 14:46 06 Jan 2006

Thanks for replying quickly I have tried a 64 mb module and one 128 mb module out of my husbands computer.
The manual says that it is expandable to 544/576 so I am not sure that this is the problem.Is there anything else you need to know about the speck of this computer?
Thanks kathy

dms05 14:59 06 Jan 2006

Hi Diodorus Siculus. I've just tried your link and run the Crucial Memory tool on my Toshiba Satellite Pro with the maximum RAM Toshiba allow to be fitted. Crucial say I can add more, which I can't, by removing my existing 2 banks of RAM and fitting 2*256Mb of their RAM. That would leave me with half the memory I currently have fitted. So, as always, don't always believe what a computer tells you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache