Will Nero work with XP Home?

pcbobby 17:17 20 Sep 2005

I am used to Win 98SE. But I have been trying to help my neighbour with her newly acquired XP Home laptop.
When we tried to copy a photo folder to the CD writing facility, we were continually confronted with a message, ‘Problem Copying’.
Having been used to the simplicity of Nero – I would like to know if we could install Nero software on XP Home - will there be any conflict with the embedded writer?

mattyc_92 17:21 20 Sep 2005

You CAN install Nero if you wish, and there wont be ANY problem at all.

Bagsey 17:25 20 Sep 2005

I use Nero with xp home with no trouble at all

pcbobby 17:25 20 Sep 2005

mattyc_92.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

pcbobby 17:26 20 Sep 2005

Thank you Bagsey.

Diemmess 17:29 20 Sep 2005

There should be no problem in principle..... Some copies of Nero are bundled with a separately purchased burner and refuse to run with a different drive. I agree about the simplicty of Nero in versions up to DVD handling, when now it all seems very different...... has to be worth a try!

Stuartli 17:38 20 Sep 2005

If the copy of Nero is an OEM version that has come with a particular make or model of drive, then updating it at the ahead website usually overrides this aspect.

Stuartli 17:41 20 Sep 2005

Just a thought. Do you mean XP's own burning facility, which uses a version of Roxio?

If so you will have to disable this via Windows Media Player>Tools>Options>Devices>highlight drive>Properties>Recording tab>disable the enable recording on this drive box.

You can, if you require, get a Nero plug-in for this aspect of WMP from the ahead website.

pcbobby 19:35 20 Sep 2005

Thank you, Diemmess and Stuartli.
My nero software is Nero Express.V:6.3.1.17.

Yes, I was referring to XP's own burning facility.

In view of Stuartli's input - it might be better for me not to interfer as the Laptop is under warranty! ??

Stuartli 23:10 20 Sep 2005

The laptop being under warranty does not prevent you in any way from installing Nero, updating it or even adding the Nero plug-in.

Current version of Nero 6 Reloaded is 6.6.0.16 and of Nero Express 3.1.0.16. See;

click here

Nero 7 Premium is, apparently, due out soon.

Stuartli 23:12 20 Sep 2005

Nero WMP plug-in:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?