Will it fit?

Brezza 17:09 19 Nov 2006

Hiya guys,

Just a quick question about a MB.

I'm currently running this bored...

click here

Im running a P4 3.0 Prescott (single core) on it at the moment and needless to say its pretty pants lol

I Know it will support a duel core Pentium D But will it support a Core2Duo? Or even the new Quad core?

I Really wanna upgrade my processor but i dont wanna buy somthing i cant use :)

Any help would be appreciated :)

sean-278262 17:19 19 Nov 2006

click here

it will support anything that is an LGA775 slot processor, however it is also worth saying that a fast processor may not be the reason your computer is slow. Care to list the rest of the parts. and getting a top of the line processor and the rest not being to match will often result in no improvement. It would be like a fast car with normal brakes not very useful.

jimv7 17:21 19 Nov 2006

Read your own link

" Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU/Dual-Core CPU/64-bit CPU support
The motherboard is capable of supporting the Intel LGA775 Pentium 4, the dual-core CPU, as well as compatibility of either 64- or 32-bit architecture. Featuring 1066/800/533MHz FSB, Hyper Threading Technology, dedicated L2 cache, and core-speeds up to 3.8GHz and beyond, the motherboard delivers advanced system performance, faster memory access, and increased productivity.

Support Intel® 65nm Dual-Core CPU
This motherboard support s Intel® 65nm Pentium® D/ Intel® Pentium® 4/ Celeron® processors. ASUS motherboard is the ideal solution to enhance the performance of new generation processors. ."

Brezza 17:29 19 Nov 2006

My rig is as follows...

P4 3.0Ghz Prescott
1 x IDE 80GB Maxdor 7200rpm
1 x IDE 120Gb Maxdor 7200Rpm
Gigabyte Nvidia 7900GT 256Mb
2 x 512 Crucial DDR 3200

I Will be upgrading the ram to DDR soon (2gb) but i seriously think its the crappy processor thats bottlenecking my system lol

I Was just crurious if it supported the core2duo and possibly the new Quad core. A Quad core would certainly last me a a couple years before having to upgrade again

Brezza 20:56 19 Nov 2006

Anyone know if the new intel quad core will fit this bored?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?