will email address remain the same?

palinka 18:34 05 Aug 2007
  Technotiger 19:42 05 Aug 2007

Assuming she is staying with Tiscali as her ISP then I believe her email address should not change - however, click here

Stuartli 20:53 05 Aug 2007

Providing she maintains the Tiscali dial-up account (switch the account on Tiscali's Upgrade/Downgrade to PAYG), then she will keep the Tiscali address, as well as be given a new e-mail address by Virgin.

martan 21:14 05 Aug 2007

hi palikna
i am was with ntl when virgin took over both ntl and tiscali and i can assure you that the email address will not change as i have been with them for sometime and my ntl email address has never changed with virgin media
so dont worry
martan

jeano 23:15 05 Aug 2007

If it is any help - I was with a dial up Worldonline service when Tiscali took them over - some years ago now. I have since had several different broadband options with Tiscali but I still use my original worldonline email account email address. What is also useful is that I also have a tiscali email account which I only use for web mail and use my original worldonline account for using with Outlook Express.

palinka 08:32 06 Aug 2007

Thanks everyone; that's what I thought; I'll write to reassure her.

Stuartli 09:35 06 Aug 2007

I also have a WorldOnline e-mail address still used extensively - I have a PAYG dialup account to retain this e-mail address.

I joined WOL in 1998 when it was remarkable value for money (unlimited dialup, cheap phone calls and the then BT line rental of £9.27 included in the price of just £14.99 a month).

When Tiscali took over it was all downhill...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone