will all these parts work together

nath10 09:47 20 Dec 2011

hello all. i was hoping that someone would know if these parts i have selected will all be compatible and work together, im hoping that i will build a gaming pc. any decent advice welcome. trying to keep things on the cheaper side.

intel core i5-2320, gigabyte ga-z68x-udh3h-b3, corsair vengence 8gb ddr3, creative 3osb104200000 sound blaster, seagate 3.5 barracuda 1tb, liteon iha s224, cit 600w psu, euga nvidia gtx550ti.

i hope this is all going to work but im not confident so help is very much needed and apprieciated.

KRONOS the First 10:25 20 Dec 2011

It would help if you could post your budget and tell us what the main use of the PC will be.

You can make one saving by not including a sound card as on-board sound has come a long way and a separate sound card is really not necessary.

Need more details of the RAM before I could answer on its compatibility.So if you could post a link to the memory?

I appreciate that you are trying to keep costs down but, A: you do not need a 600W PSU and B: CIT PSU's are poor quality.

If you are a gamer then unfortunately the graphics card (GPU) is a waste of cash.

Ibanez2010 13:35 20 Dec 2011

Yep all that should be fine. The memory is good too. The gx550ti isn't that good for gaming. Consider a GTX480 or GTX560ti at least. If you are into sound and have a "decent" set of speakers or headphones then consider a better sound card otherwise just use the onboard audio. Also I'd stick with that 600w PSU. I wouldn't recommend less than that.

nath10 22:33 20 Dec 2011

Ok thankyou very much to both of you advice very much needed. I will be looking to spend about 600 pounds. and gaming mostly. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?