WiFi Signal Extender - Router Problem

TN 11:29 12 May 2015

I have a Talktalk D-Link 2780 Router attached b y Ethernet cable to my PC. I also have a On Networks Range Extender N300RE to reach the rest of my house. However for the last few weeks when we try to connect our two Samsung Tablets we get a connection but a message trying to obtain IP Address: I am now assuming that the extender is faulty but do not know if I buy a new Router (to connect to PC) could I use my existing router as a Rage Extender. My reason is that if my Router is the faulty item I could use the new one to replace it and continue using the On Networks extender. All suggestions sincerely appreciated.

SeiyaIkki 11:43 12 May 2015

If you change routher you actually only need to reconfigure your extender. Simple as that.

TN 11:54 12 May 2015

Sorry I should have mentioned that the Tablets can take anything up to 55 minutes trying to obtain IP Address! The are owned by my wife and daughter, after I bought them last year to get the PC to myself!! Naturally they think I am doing something to keep them off the new!

TN 11:55 12 May 2015

Thank you Seiyalkki but I think the extender is the item which is faulty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?