WiFi Printing with a BT HomeHub

Bertie B 21:31 25 Sep 2007

Has anyone managed to setup a printer using the USB connection on the BT HomeHub? Apparently it works for some by using a TCP/IP Port Address but for others it just prints once then starts finding printing errors [and I fall into the latter group!!].

If this is not possible then has anyone managed WiFi printing and if so what addit. hardware was necessary?

Any help gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Bertie

iarno 00:23 26 Sep 2007

Hi Bertie B.
I have a brother-all-in-one printer set to my computer via usb. I have two computers both Dell but different models. one comp is mine the other is my wifes and she does more printing than I do. Both comps are connected to BT Hub wirelessly via WLAN 11g USB Adapters and are aprox. 25ft from Hub. I set mine up using NETWORK MAGIC. click here
It is easy to set up and works a treat. (so much so that I bought the license about £15) You can also share files and folders between the comps. Hope this is of use to you.

I.

Technotiger 07:35 26 Sep 2007

I set-up wireless printer sharing between my desktop pc and partners laptop, using XP network wizard. No problems at all.

Technotiger 07:36 26 Sep 2007

PS - no added hardware was needed.

Bertie B 08:20 26 Sep 2007

Hi Guys and thanks for the help.

I guess with iarno's config. you still need to have the host PC switched on so that you can access the printer.

I've got two PC's in my little office/den and my printer is connected to my Desktop but most of my quick day to day acess to internet etc. is done on my laptop so if I want to print anything I have to power up the Desktop PC. This is also the case for my two daughters who also connect to the network form their respective PC's.

What I want to do is to set up a printer that can be accessed via wifi at any time from any pc irrespective of whether my host Desktop is on or not and I read that you could connect a USB printer to the USB connection on the BT Homehub, which you can but it does not always work as the software appears not to be particularly designed for the purpose!!

Guess my only option is to buy a Print Server Wireless Access Point.

Thanks again

Bertie

iarno 00:37 28 Sep 2007

hi,
is this the way you have tried setting up your printing with bt homehub, click here

I.

Bertie B 09:35 28 Sep 2007

Yes, but I have not yet got around to seeing whether I can switch off printer status checks. Worth a shot I guess!

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?