Wifi extension

  skippers 01:03 17 Feb 2010

If I want to move a computer to another room further away from the rooter and it doesn't have a wifi card what is the best type of hardware for this? Can you buy a device that also acts as a signal extender?

  mgmcc 08:01 17 Feb 2010

If you want to connect "wirelessly" to the router from another room, you need to install a Wireless Network Adapter. This can be an internal PCI card (if it's a desktop PC) or a USB adapter.

I've recently bought on of these click here which is very small and works well in my desktop PC.

Unless you have thick stone walls, or the rooms are some distance apart, you shouldn't need any additional hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache