wifi broadband connection

billstark 10:10 20 Feb 2006

Please assist,

I have just ordered aol silver broadband which will be arriving soon. I have purchased the LINK SYS54G MODE wireless router which comes with modem.
For connection, since the aol is a usb connected modem do I simply replace the aol modem with the LINK product so that the filter in effect gets plugged into the LINK ROUTER/MODEM and the aol modem is not needed ?
Thanks,

Stark

Strawballs 10:17 20 Feb 2006

Not having any exprience with AOL but yes you should be ble to just replace the AOL modem with the modem/router.

rmcqua 12:00 20 Feb 2006

Yes, that's all you need to do. Connect the Link device via its RJ11 cable to the RJ11 socket on your ADSL filter, and away you go!

billstark 12:11 20 Feb 2006

when the stuff arrives i will do as instructed, incidentally aol would not advise and it might be worth using another broadband supplier - any ideas out there ?
Thanks

rmcqua 19:39 20 Feb 2006

I had some bad experiences with AOL when I moved back from the USA to UK. Nothing desperate, just enough to put me off using them when there are so many other ISPs out there.
I currently use Tiscali 2Mb broadband and, apart from some speed variations during peak evening times, I am very satisfied with the service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone