WiFi Booster/Extender

smalllugs 22:43 07 Jul 2006

Hi all i currently have a netgear DG34GT ADSL WIRELESS ROUTER and this is currently downstairs so i get a low signal strength so decided to try the WiFi Booster/Extender 5dbi Omni - Free Standing with RP-SMA Conn from wireles pro online after reading a few reviews. However this item has made no difference whatsoever from my minature Msi antenna. Has anyone tried any other antennas with any success. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards gary

ICF 06:17 08 Jul 2006

SMA Fitting click here
Or
TNC Fitting
click here

€dstowe 07:03 08 Jul 2006

Do you mean an 834GT router?

If so, I use one of those at home and it will work successfully through two walls to the midlle of my quite long garden.

I would suspect there is something no quite right with the router.

€dstowe 07:04 08 Jul 2006

- - -or the receiver on the computer.

(posted too soon)

smalllugs 07:50 08 Jul 2006

Sorry misstyped it is indeed the 834gt router but it is located out of the way under the telephone table and my pc is tucked away in the corner of a bedroom just wondered if there was an inexpensive way of boosting the signall

Taff™ 08:00 08 Jul 2006

Have you tried plugging into a telephone socket nearer the bedroom? Although a router should ideally be plugged into a master socket - they do work off extensions providing the wiring is up to scratch.

smalllugs 09:38 08 Jul 2006

believe it or not i live in a four bedrommed house and have owned it from new about 12 years now and in their wisdom they have only included 1 telephone socket with no power point near it???????? i had to get an electrician to install a power point so i could power my router!!!!!! rather than get an extension put in as i have recently decorated i iam trtying to find an alternate method hence the search for an antenna.

Thx for the advice

Gary

€dstowe 12:14 08 Jul 2006

There aren't any large pieces of metalwork (aluminium foil wall insulation, metal grids etc.) between the router and the pickup point, are there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?