WiFi adapter disables without cause wont enable

JosephBrown 10:42 29 Mar 2017

Specs: Windows 7 Professional Intel Wireless-N 7260 network adapter. Intel Core i7-2920XM, 2.5GHz, 8MB From about May last year i started having this problem with my laptop where I get a limited connectivity sign on my wifi icon, and then when i click on available wifi signals only the one i was connected to appears (when i know there are about 5 signals in range), Wifi capabilities then completely stops. if i go to device manager and view the wifi driver, it will say it is disabled, then when i go to enable it device manger freezes and i have to force close it. The only solution is to manually troubleshoot the wifi connection, this probably works a 1/3 of the time. Other than that i have to reset my computer. Sometimes the same issue occurs when i put my computer to sleep. In June i gave up and decided it was a hardware issue and so i bought a new wireless card, everything was up until about 2 weeks ago where the issue has started to comeback. Re-seating the adapter does not fix the issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:18 29 Mar 2017

MAke sure you have the latest drivers for your wireless card.

If still causing problems a USB wireless dongle may be the easiest way to solve it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?