Wierd windows

ACOLYTE 13:43 15 Jun 2006

My windows XP has started acting funny,when i open my computer i get a folder view of things on the left hand side,then when i click my hard drive it highlight's all the folders/drives on the screen and attempts to open them all,i then get lots of open folders i have to close to get back to my computer,before i had it on single click that opened one file that i clicked on that doesnt work now,i have to right click and select open to get in to one file at a time then the same thing happens inside that folder,i highlight one item and all the rest highlight with it.I have checked the folder options and it is still set to single click.I can figure out how to turn off the folder view i get when i open my computer.I dont know how or why it has suddenly decided to do this but i want my old way back,lol.

mattyc_92 13:51 15 Jun 2006

Have you installed any type of "Vista Transformation Packs"? as they usually cause Folder problems...

You could try the "sfc /scannow" command (Start->Run and type in "sfc /scannow" without quotations)

ACOLYTE 14:55 15 Jun 2006

I ran sfc,it went throught the process and finished,nothing came on screen so i dont know if it changed anything.I rebooted and now the folder views have gone but i still have the highlight problem,i can highlight just one item whithout all of them doing the same thing.The only way i can get in a folder in to right click and select open.I have installed vista beta on another pc but not on this one,but i did downlaod it on this one,but i cant see that changing the views can it?.

VoG II 15:00 15 Jun 2006

System Restore?

ACOLYTE 15:39 15 Jun 2006

Already tried a system restore but then the folder trouble comes back.I went back 2 weeks when i didnt have the trouble but when its done restoring it is there again.There is also an icon getting added to the toolbar the folder icon
i remove it and when i open my computer again it is back.

ACOLYTE 11:52 16 Jun 2006

I managed to sort this by doing a Repair of windows,thx all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires