Wide screen monitor

Just set up my new Relisys wide aspect monitor with built-in TV tuner. The TV picture appears correctly in 16:9 mode, but the PC screen is merely stretched to fill the screen.

For example, in Excel, the number of columns displayed is A to L, whether I switch to 4:3 or 16:9. On sites with a horizontal scroll bar, (such as this), the parts of the page visible is the same.

I've tried changing the settings in Display Properties, but can't change the aspect ratio.

I'm on XP, NVIDEA GeForce 2 graphics. The monitor is Plug and Play, so no drivers. Is there such a thing as a widescreen graphics card?

Djohn 13:36 20 Nov 2003

Not sure about this [email protected]@m, so I'll just bump you back to the top. j.

Thanks, I was just surfing for cards when Broadband failed!

rickf 13:59 20 Nov 2003

Hi,
I have the same monitor but would appear not to have this prob although I do not use Excel. Could it be your graphics card. I use a MSI 256mb FX5600. Before switching I was on a Geforce4 Ti4200 w/o any probs too. I assume you have the latest nVidia drivers. I hope this helps. I have had occasion to email Relysis about the TV reception and their response was swift. Maybe give them a try.

Thanks, if you switch between 4:3 and 16:9, do you see more of the PC screen?

rickf 14:10 20 Nov 2003

Graham,
Just tried with the TV and everything is as it should be between 16.9 and 4.3.

Stuartli 15:23 20 Nov 2003

I think small widescreen TVs (Sony do 14in versions) and monitor equivalents look like a horrendous afterthought....

Naw, these are cutting edge, mate! :-)

Any thoughts from the evening shift?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?