Wi-Fi Router with builtin modem for Virgin BB

Neald 21:37 14 May 2005

Can anyone tell me if they are using a router with a builtin modem to connect to Virgin BB. I bought a medion router from Aldi, but it can't connect to the line for some reason. I don't want to buy another one and have the same problems, it's such a pain trying to get a refund.
If anyone can tell me what their setup is that works, I'd appreciate it.

raeman 11:20 15 May 2005

I am connected to Virgin BB using a 3COM wireless modem/router (model 3CRWDR100A-72) .PC is connected via an internal PCI network card and also have a laptop with a wireless card in it both sharing BB connection happily.Setup of router was very simple only needed my username and password , configured router for PPoA and default settings in it were correct for Virgin.Have you configured IE connection ok ,router setup info I had didn't bother to mention this , hope this is some help at least you know it does work.

Neald 20:21 15 May 2005

Have ordered the same router as you have, just waiting for it to be delivered so I can find out if it works, here's hoping....

raeman 16:28 20 May 2005

Was going to get back with more details but have been away all week, hopefully yours will work ok.

Neald 17:56 23 May 2005

I got an edimax router in the end, my original order got cancelled by the sotre, all works great now, just needed to enter my username and password and that was it, simple setup, and the range is pretty good (up 2 floors, and through a couple of thick walls I still have a signal) Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?