Wi fi router

  bald eagle1 18:07 09 Mar 2008

I have a Mesh PC on the way to me. My old PC I intend to place somewhere else in the house for other uses. I am thinking of getting a PC Advisor subscription which would give me a Wi fi router but what do I need to put in the PC's to talk to the router and how much are they?
I am on Virgin Broadband via BT line.

  bremner 19:27 09 Mar 2008

Wireless USB adapter is easiest click here

  iscanut 20:12 09 Mar 2008

If you connect by Ethernet cable, then you need put nothing else in the PC assuming the router is a modem as well.

  bald eagle1 09:29 10 Mar 2008

Cheers. Better do my PC Advisor subscription then.

  bald eagle1 10:25 10 Mar 2008

Maybe a silly question but the PC Advisor La Fonera router is a normal router with the FON stuff??? as an extra isn't it? (really new to networking).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017