Wi Fi and built in webcam camera missing

schmoukiz 09:33 24 Apr 2015

Hello, I have two strange problems with a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5545 laptop, running Windows 8.1.

1. The wi-fi is not detected when I turn of the computer. It shows the symbol for signal with a plus next to the clock. So each time I start, I have to go to Network and Sharing / Change adapter settings / right click the wireless (it is a Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG) - Disable and then Enable.

After that it works fine, but I have to do this each time.

1. The built in webcam is missing completely. Is not listed in Device Manager, there's not even a section for images devices.

The other day, I wanted to see if there's something in Bios, but I failed to catch the moment when you can enter it. So right after starting Windows, without activating wifi or anything, I pressed restart. And: surprise. The computer started with everything working right away. The wifi adapter logged to the network without disable/enable and when I looked at the Device Manager, there was a section Imaging devices or so, and USB camera listed. I was even able to use the webcam perfectly.

From than on, when I open the computer it's all as usual: the webcam missing and the wifi needs to be disabled.

Is there a possibility I could make it start with these components like it did after that reboot? :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?