wi fi

  motion 10:24 04 Sep 2005

i have a desktop pc connected to broadband through a usb wired modem,ive bought laptop with wi fi[not received it yet,what do i need to buy to make both computers wireless ex use one downstairs and stil one upstairs ?

  Taff36 12:37 04 Sep 2005

You need a wireless modem router to connect to your BT telephone line and either an internal wi-fi card or an external USB wireless adapter for the PC. As simple as that. Configuring the router should be fairly easy - who is your current ISP?

  Taff36 12:40 04 Sep 2005

click here for a similar question and links to other sites.

  motion 13:53 04 Sep 2005

my current isp is tiscalli

  motion 14:06 04 Sep 2005

cheers taff,if i just wanted to connect my laptop [cause i may get rid of desktop]is the wireless modem router all i need and is the most expensive the best?would probalbly not need a range over 10 feet.

  Taff36 15:46 04 Sep 2005

Follow my link. At 10 feet any wireless modem/router will work - even the cheapest. The D-Link (following my link) comes with a "Bundled" USB wireless adapter which is worth £29.99 if you bought it seperately from PC World. Work it out for yourself - if you do sell the PC and don`t need the USB Wireless adapter simply sell it. (I`ll make you an offer! - they are quality build.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?