I am having problems which have only started recently with word 97 on a system running XP home.
I keep getting random crashes when working on what are fairly simple documents, and the machine shuts right down and re-boots itself! Whenever I try and do anything on a word document the cpu usage shoots up to 100%. I haven't noticed any particular problems in other apps. and I can't see anything untoward in running processes (other than Winword.exe hogging the resources!).
Anybody an idea where to go from here?
I am just away to run some of the usual stuff but I will be back!
I thought that might be a suggestion (goodness knows I have used it myself often enough!). I tried that this afternoon (but deleted them rather than renaming them!) but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have cured the problem.
Yes thanks for that - I have just found the same and I am in the process of seeing if SR1 will cure the problem!
Unfortunately I am only on dial-up (roll on Tuesday when my BB is activated!), so it's obviously going to take a while! - What I don't understand is why this problem has only recently appeared but that is of course the wonder and mystery of computers!
I'm glad to say that a quick check shows that that seems to have fixed it!
I'm not going to tempt fate by ticking this just yet - I'm going to get on with what I should have finished on Friday and see how I get on! The mystery remains why this should have only recently started to be a problem!