Why won't webcam uninstall?

katswhiskers 12:17 17 Apr 2005

I tried to install Philips ToUcam Pro Webcam on new laptop with the CD, but it was not compatible with XP. Philips website said to download drivers - which I did. It half worked -I could not access all features. Got sound initially, but then lost that.

Decided to uninstal, went to Add/remove progs. there was no sign of it there, so I clicked on uninstall in Device Manager and it looked as if it was uninstalling, but no. Still there after 3 attempts.

Tried 'uninstall software', but that could not even detect it, even tho the cam half works! If I do a search of files, various webcam files are shown.

How do I get rid of it? Will it be OK to install another make of webcam if I leave the ToUcam there?

Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 13:32 17 Apr 2005

depending on which version cam you have it might come with it's own uninstaller in which case re install and then try removing, i should add i have toucam and xp pro with no probs;))

johnny.

Technotiger 14:17 17 Apr 2005

Hi again - if it does not have it's own uninstaller, you can delete the webcam items you find in Search - just highlight the items in Search and then press your Delete key, or do a right-click and then delete. Sorry if I am telling you to 'suck-eggs'.

btw - did you look at my suggestion in your other Post? about Novatech.

Cheers.

Technotiger 14:18 17 Apr 2005

ps - best to get rid of 'old' webcam stuff before installing new.

katswhiskers 15:15 17 Apr 2005

johnnyrocker - Mine is ToUcam Pro PCVC740K version 1.0. I bought it 3 years ago. I think the problem is that I did not install 'anything' from the CD, cos it would not - button greyed out. I downloaded the driver. Guess that's why I only have half of it.

I don't suppose it's any good downloading the driver again? Maybe my only option is to delete the items as technotiger says?

Technotiger - no, you ain't telling me to 'suck eggs' I'm not a whizzkid on PC's! I welcome the most basic advice.

Technotiger 15:19 17 Apr 2005

I guess you could delete as stated, and then re-install the downloaded driver - probably best, if you are going to try that route, is to re-download, then install.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?